Maintenance of the NI-CD battery
1. When charging, the room temperature should be controlled between 10℃ and 30℃. When the temperature is higher than 30℃, it is better to take cooling measures to avoid deformation due to overheating inside the battery. If the room temperature is below 5℃, it will result in insufficient chargingand affect battery life.
2. After a period of use of the battery, there will be more or less insufficient charging and performance losses due to different levels of discharge and aging. In general, NI-CD batteries can be charged after about 10 charge and discharge cycles. The procedure is to increase the loading time to about twice the normal loading time. Specific examples are: Charge the NP-1 battery with SONY's BC-1WA (B) charger. When the green light flashes, it is being charged quickly. When the green light stops flashing, fast charging ends.When the drip charging time is extended, the drip charging time is the overcharging time, and the overcharging time is preferably 3-4 hours.
3. Battery charging and discharging should be operated in strict accordance with the requirements and specifications, and avoid long-term overcharging, overdischarging or frequent undercharging. Incomplete discharge, long-term over-discharge with low power consumption or short circuit when using the battery are important factors that cause the battery capacity to decrease and lifespan to be shortened. In the long run, illegal operation affects not only the use, but also the capacity and life of the battery.
4. The battery charging should be completed at once. The power cannot be cut off halfway, or the battery is in a high-temperature state after the completion of fast charging, and will be turned on again, so the charger will quickly recharge the battery, resulting in overcharging. In operation, when the battery alarm indicator flashes, the battery should be replaced in time to avoid excessive battery discharge.
5. The NI-CD battery does not need to be charged and stored for a long time, it must be discharged to the end voltage (camcorder battery warning light flashes) before being packed and kept in the original packing carton, or wrapped in cloth or paper and dry and store in a ventilated place.
6. If the battery is not used for a long time, it must be fully charged before use.
Maintenance of the LI battery
1. The lithium battery should be stored in a cool, dry and safe environment.
2. Do not place lithium batteries near heat sources, open flames, flammable and explosive gases and liquids, which may cause battery leakage, heat generation, smoke, fire and explosion.
3. If the lithium battery needs to be stored for a long time (more than one month), it is recommended to charge it to 40%-60%. The storage time needs to supplement the battery for 1-2 hours per month.
4. During the storage of lithium batteries, metal objects should be avoided to enter the battery box. This can cause the battery to leak, heat up, smoke, burn and explode.