iPhone 4 Battery Replacement
Step 1 Rear Panel
- Before you begin, discharge your iPhone battery below 25%. A charged lithium-ion battery can catch fire and/or explode if accidentally punctured.
- Power off your iPhone before beginning disassembly.
- Your iPhone 4 rear cover may have either two #000 Phillips screws or Apple's 5-Point "Pentalobe" screws (second image). Check which screws you have, and ensure you also have the correct screwdriver in order to remove them.
- Remove the two 3.6 mm Pentalobe or Phillips #000 screws next to the dock connector.
- Be sure the driver is well seated when removing Pentalobe screws, they are very easy to strip.
- During reassembly, we recommend you replace the 5-point screws with equivalent Phillips screws. Our Liberation Kit provides the tools and screws needed to replace the Pentalobe screws with Phillips screws